Hockey Net in Canada: Molson scores with fantasy league

Welcome to Hockey Net in Canada.Molson Breweries unveiled the Molson Fantasy Hockey Pool last week as part of its Molson I Am Online World Wide Web site.The pool, officially sanctioned by the National Hockey League, is a fantasy hockey league with...

Welcome to Hockey Net in Canada.

Molson Breweries unveiled the Molson Fantasy Hockey Pool last week as part of its Molson I Am Online World Wide Web site.

The pool, officially sanctioned by the National Hockey League, is a fantasy hockey league with players organized into divisions for weekly games played for prizes.

Participants are called general managers and there are nine to a league.

Each picks a team from existing nhl players but can later negotiate trades.

General managers have access to information such as player and league statistics and standings.

They can also e-mail the commissioner of hockey or get together to talk hockey in the club house.

The site also features highlights of the Hockey Hall of Fame and will soon post daily nhl stats.

Molson launched I Am Online (HTTP://www.molson.com/Canadian) this past July and is now getting about 15,000 hits or roughly 2,500 visitors to the site each day.

The company has found that 70% of the site users are Canadian, with the remaining 30% coming from 40 other countries to date, primarily the u.s., the u.k. and Australia.

The success of the site has prompted Molson to add the Web site address to its Molson Canadian and Black Label packaging, and as a tag to print and radio advertising.

Careers
»
    Screening Room
    »
    subaru
    Separating the diehards from the fakers
    Twitter


    Facebook